THE GALLERY OF PHOTOGRAPHY ARTIST’S AWARD, now in its 7th year, offers exciting opportunities for an artist of any age who has a significant lens-based project or body of work underway. The winner receives:
• A solo exhibition in the Gallery of Photography in 2010 or later.
• €5,000 towards the exhibition and/or publication.
• Access to the Gallery of Photography’s Artist’s Digital Studio – high-spec Mac, scanner, exhibition quality printer; and to the Gallery of Photography’s Darkrooms.
• Technical assistance with all aspects of exhibition production.
• Ongoing mentoring, curatorial feedback and publishing expertise.
• A full colour editorial feature in The Irish Arts Review, media partner for the Award.
Entry Conditions & Requirements:
1. Entry is open to artists of any age.
2. Artists must be either resident in Ireland (32 counties); or Irish citizens; or show evidence of a longstanding involvement or connection with Irish culture, including the diaspora.
Entries should consist of:
1. A maximum of 8 work prints no larger than A4 from the work-in-progress, or, if the project is still in inception, 8 prints representative of a previous project which was in the opinion of the artist, similar in scope and ambition. Please note: work is only accepted on CD/DVD if the proposed project takes a non print-based form, eg projected DVD, web project etc.
2. A paragraph outlining the project’s subject/theme/treatment.
3. A paragraph outlining the planned schedule for completion of the project.
4. An up to date CV, including email address.
5. A stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of prints/materials if required.
6. An entry fee of €10 (cheque, postal order payable “Gallery of Photography” or by paypal).
DEADLINE: 5pm MONDAY MARCH 9th 2009