The National Campaign for the Arts in Ireland is a broad and inclusive coalition that reflects the scale, reach and diversity of the arts in Ireland today. Its membership has a national reach that includes major festivals, venues, producers and representative organisations in visual arts, theatre, film, dance, music, literature, architecture and collaborative arts.
The National Campaign for the Arts asserts the fundamental importance of the arts to economic recovery and calls for:
- Retention of Culture Ireland, the agency for the promotion of Irish arts worldwide.
- Retention of The Irish Film Board, development agency of the Irish film industry.
- Maintenance of existing levels of funding to the Arts Council.
- Retention of the artists’ income tax exemption scheme.
- Commitment to retain the arts portfolio at cabinet as part of a senior ministerial portfolio.
Why the arts are central to economic and social recovery.
- The arts and our reputational capital
- The arts and the smart economy
- The arts and cultural tourism
- The arts and employment
- The arts and the national psyche
How can you help?
– Read more about it at The National Campaign for the Arts web site
– Become a Member: Register your membership of the Campaign
– Sign the online petition.
– Follow them on Facebook and Twitter
– Donate: help funding for the Campaign